At its June 20th meeting, the Board of Directors of The Julian Center, Indiana’s largest emergency shelter for survivors of domestic violence, elected Pam Matthews, President of the Board.
Matthews, VP of Merchandising and Marketing for Kroger Co., stated "The Julian Center is a beacon of hope for survivors of domestic violence. As the state’s largest domestic violence shelter, The Julian Center provided much needed assistance to more than 1500 women and children in 2011, and served more than 5,000 families in crisis through its crisis call, outreach and counseling services. It is an honor to lead this Board in its efforts to provide leadership and serve as stewards for this very important community resource."
Other newly-elected officers include:
- Vice President: Maeghan Hurley, Vice President for Human Resources, MKM Distribution
- Treasurer: Kevin Sullivan, Partner, Katz, Sapper & Miller
- Secretary: Beth White, Clerk of Court, Marion County
Newly-elected board members include:
- Lisa E. Harris, MD, CEO and Medical Director, Wishard Health Services
- Eric Johnson, CEO, 40|86 Advisors
- Sandy Eisenberg Sasso, Senior Rabbi, Congregation Beth El-Zedeck
- Phil Terry, CEO, Monarch Beverage Co., Inc.
- Robin Ledyard, MD, President, Community Hospital East
The new officers and board members will join continuing board members:
- Timothy Ochs, Ice Miller
- Stephanie Phillips, KeyBank
- Bruce Curry, Indiana Black Expo
- Richard Cockrum, Capitol Assets