Since 1975, we have helped more than 60,200 victims and educated more than 315,000 individuals on the effects of domestic violence and its impact on our community.
Every day we assist hundreds of women and children in their quest to live a life free of abuse. It takes the strength of a dedicated staff, our Board of Directors, and the support of our community for us to succeed and to continue to meet those needs day in and day out.
Thank you for believing in us, our mission, and in the victims we serve.
A Year of Expectations
Each year presents new opportunities, new hope, and new beginnings. With your help, our accomplishments will meet our expectations. Here are just a few.
- Raise $3.7 million to provide a continuum of care to victims
- Remain available to those in crisis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Answer 6,000 crisis calls and make 7,500 referrals
- Provide emergency shelter to 1,200 - 1,300 women and children
- Provide counseling to 750 women and children
- Provide 6,600 clinical hours of individual, family, and group therapy
- Provide 125 art therapy group sessions
- Provide a child therapist to work with all children entering Shelter
- Provide a woman’s therapist to evaluate all women entering Shelter
- Provide respite childcare, early education, schooling, and psycho-educational group sessions to the 600 children resident in our shelter or transitional housing
- Serve at least 85,500 hot meals and snacks to residents
- Provide 26,000 nights of stay
- Feed 1,050 hungry families for a week from our Food Pantry
- Offer outreach services to 2,200 women who do not need residential services
- Assist the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at 1,600 domestic violence crime scenes by providing crisis intervention
- Offer legal services to 1,080 resident and non-resident clients
- Educate 7,000 members of our community on the effects of domestic violence and its impact
- Assist in filing and acquiring orders of protection for 600 victims
- Clothe women and children who come to shelter without personal belongings
- Provide advocates to work hand-in-hand with an average of 103 women and children resident in Shelter on a daily basis
- Prepare and distribute 1,000 personal care kits (toiletries, etc.) to those in need