The Julian Center maintains a Food Pantry as an outreach service to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. The program ensures that victims can continue to feed themselves and their children after ending abusive relationships.
Last year, our Food Pantry provided approximately $22,000 worth of food to needy adults and families.
Organizing a Food Drive
If you are interested in coordinating a food drive, download our Donation Drive card by clicking here
, and get started! You can also download our Food Pantry Drive flyer/poster, click here
to use for your drive!
Helpful Information for your
Who does it help?
Food from the pantry is offered to:
- Clients exiting the shelter and the transitional housing programs
- Victims receiving services from our outreach advocacy programs including those who work with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
- Clients receiving therapy in our counseling center who need assistance
- Individuals referred from partnering service providers
- Past clients who need further assistance
Made possible by you
The Food Pantry is stocked entirely with donations from individuals and groups throughout the community and local food drives.
We can accept non-perishable items for our Food Pantry. Items commonly needed include:
- Assorted Baby Foods
- Baby Formula
- Baby Juice / Pedialyte
- Baking Mixes
- Beans (dry or canned)
- Box Meals (Hamburger Helper, etc.)
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Pastas (Spaghetti-O's, Ravioli, etc.)
- Canned Proteins (tuna and chicken)
- Canned Vegetables
- Jelly or Jam (Strawberry & Grape)
- Juice Drinks
- Pancake Mix
- Paper Towels
- Peanut Butter
- Rice (1 to 2 lb bags)
- Spaghetti & Spaghetti Sauce
* Gift certificates to local groceries are accepted to purchase fresh produce, meats, and dairy.
The Julian Center
2011 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 923-9320 (Crisis Line)
Click here for
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Weekend and evening deliveries must have a scheduled appointment.
If you have any questions, please call (317) 941-2200 and press option 3 or email email@example.com
. We will gladly help you organize your drive and answer any questions you may have.