The Julian Center maintains a Food Pantry as an outreach service to victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault. The program ensures that victims can continue to feed themselves and their children after ending and leaving abusive relationships.
Access to provisions
Food from the pantry is offered to:
- Clients exiting the shelter and the transitional housing programs
- Victims receiving services from our outreach advocacy programs including those who work with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
- Clients receiving therapy in our counseling center who need assistance
- Individuals referred from partnering service providers
- Past clients who need further assistance
The Food Pantry is stocked with donations from individuals and groups throughout the community and local food drives. Without this help, our shelves would be bare.
Please consider donating non-perishable items to our Food Pantry today.* Items needed are the same products you might have in your home pantry. Items commonly requested include:
- Boxed easy meals
- Fruit (canned)
- Macaroni & cheese
- Pasta (boxed)
- Pastas (canned)
- Peanut butter
- Spaghetti sauce
- Tuna/meat (canned)
- Laundry detergent
- Aluminum foil, waxed paper, plastic wrap
- Paper products
- Plastic storage bins
- Toilet paper
- Cleaning supplies
* Gift certificates to local groceries are accepted to purchase fresh produce, meats, and dairy.
Where do I drop off my donation?
The Food Pantry is located in our Shelter at 2021 North Meridian Street (entrance is off the alley behind our Administration Building at 2011 North Meridian Street). Look for the Shelter entrance sign on the building.
How can I organize a food drive?
If you are interested in coordinating a food drive, please contact Brittany McCollom at (317) 941-2212 or via email
before finalizing your efforts. Brittany will provide you with the latest information on needed items and other groups who might be planning similar drives. To download our Donation Drive card, click here
. To download our Food Pantry Drive flyer/poster, click here