Job Description: Director of Communications and Marketing
Status: Full-Time (30 hours/week)
Reports To: President/CEO
The Director of Communications and Marketing supports the overall success of The Julian Center’s mission by successfully planning, managing and implementing a range of communication/marketing efforts that improve the organization’s presence and positive image in the community.
- Plan, implement and evaluate efforts that maintain and enhance a strong positive public brand and image for The Julian Center.
- Prepare an annual plan and budget for the organization’s communications and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with staff, contractors and consultants to prepare and distribute content and calendar for print and electronic communications, including social media, media advisories and releases.
- With staff, contractors and consultants, plan and implement the production, distribution and maintenance of print and electronic collateral including direct mail, sponsorship packages, signage, ads, event collateral, newsletters, brochures, annual reports and website to ensure that messages are consistent and coordinated.
- Work closely with staff, contractors and consultants to ensure proactive, timely updates to website that reflect messaging and design consistent with The Julian Center’s marketing and communications plan.
- Represent The Julian Center at events, workshops and meetings, as needed.
- Research opportunities to extend the brand and message of The Julian Center.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications/marketing, advertising, journalism or related field
- At least 2-5 years of experience
- Proven communications/marketing experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word; Outlook; Power Point; Adobe Suite, including INDesign
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Previous experience working with basic design
To Apply: Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org