Job Title: Kitchen Aide
Department: Food Service
Supervisor: Lillian Brown, Director Residential Operations
The Kitchen Aide is responsible for preparing and serving food items as well as maintaining sanitary kitchen and dining facilities. The Kitchen Aide requires the ability work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Prepares meals and assists in the preparation of meals using established policies & procedures.
- Assures menu items are prepared in sufficient quantities to satisfy volumes.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, a la carte trays, salad bars, filling racks, mobile carts, etc.) for the purpose of making items available to clients and staff.
- Provides services to clients and employees in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Serves food in proper pre-determined portion sizes.
- Serves food that is the correct serving temperature and quality. Any substandard quality food must be brought to the attention of the food and nutrition manager and properly discarded.
- Inspects food items, work areas, etc. (e.g. personal hygiene, proper food temperatures, etc.) for the purpose of preventing cross contamination and food borne illnesses.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions to include dishwashing, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Maintains appearance of all equipment and serving counters.
- Loads carts, food warmers, trays, etc. for the purpose of ensuring that food and/or beverage items are available for transporting to other areas (by assignment).
- Receives deliveries from outside vendors.
- Follows all standards established by the Board of Health, as well as the CACFP provider.
- Attends all mandatory trainings to include the satisfactory completion of the Serve Safe Training for Food Service.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Uses proper body mechanics and cleaning procedures for the purpose of preventing accidental injuries to self and others.
- May be expected to operate a company vehicle to pick-up or deliver pantry items.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of food service experience
- Satisfactory reading and writing skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Valid driver’s license
To Apply: Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com