24-Hour Crisis Line: (317) 920-9320
The Kitchen Aide is responsible for preparing and serving food items as well as maintaining sanitary kitchen and dining facilities. The Kitchen Aide requires the ability work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Prepares meals and assists in the preparation of meals using established policies & procedures.
- Assures menu items are prepared in sufficient quantities to satisfy volumes.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, a la carte trays, salad bars, filling racks, mobile carts, etc.) for the purpose of making items available to clients and staff.
- Provides services to clients and employees in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Serves food in proper pre-determined portion sizes.
- Serves food that is the correct serving temperature and quality. Any substandard quality food must be brought to the attention of the food and nutrition manager and properly discarded.
- Inspects food items, work areas, etc. (e.g. personal hygiene, proper food temperatures, etc.) for the purpose of preventing cross contamination and food borne illnesses.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions to include dishwashing, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Maintains appearance of all equipment and serving counters.
- Loads carts, food warmers, trays, etc. for the purpose of ensuring that food and/or beverage items are available for transporting to other areas (by assignment).
- Receives deliveries from outside vendors.
- Follows all standards established by the Board of Health, as well as the CACFP provider.
- Attends all mandatory trainings to include the satisfactory completion of the Serve Safe Training for Food Service.
- Assists with the training of new employees as needed.
- Uses proper body mechanics and cleaning procedures for the purpose of preventing accidental injuries to self and others.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Commitment to providing quality and service to all clients regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, age or sexual orientation
- At least 1 year of food service experience
- Satisfactory reading and writing skills
- Basic computer knowledge
To Apply: Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Reports To||Director of Facilities Management|